We will only collect personal information where it is necessary for us to do so and we will only collect personal information if it is relevant to our dealings with you. We will only keep your personal information for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
You can visit the website and browse without having to provide personal details. During your visit to the website you remain anonymous and at no time can we identify you unless you have an account on the website and log on with your username and password.
If you have any comments or suggestions, we would be pleased to receive them at our address or by emailing us at www.mitvana.asia.
Collection of Personal Information
You can browse our sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us.
We may collect and store the following personal information which includes but is not limited to:
- Email address, physical contact information, the date of birth and gender information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers; transactional information based on your activities on the website;
- Postage, billing and other information you provide to purchase or dispatch an item;
- Community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our website, and correspondence sent to us;
- Other information from your interaction with our website, services, content, and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the website, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- Additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list);
- Information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and other supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to the Company, we will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law).
All personal data shall be provided by you voluntarily unless where it is indicated as mandatory. Where the personal data is mandatory to be provided, failure to provide such information may result in Company not being able to provide services or otherwise deal with you.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- Provide the services and customer support you request;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- Customize, measure and improve our services, content, and advertising;
- Tell you about our services and those of our corporate family;
- Send you targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers; and
- Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- Provide aggregate information to our partners about our users (e.g. 200 women under age 25 have purchased this item) without disclosing information about identifiable individuals.
We don’t sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. If you have made a purchase from our online store, we may send you updates occasionally on our latest products, news, marketing and promotional information relating to products and/or services (including, without limitation, products and/or services of third parties whom we may collaborate or tie up with, as well as from affiliates and/or technology partners). We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content, and advertising. If you don’t wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customization programs, simply indicate your preferences by accessing your account on www.mitvana.asia or by following the directions provided with the communication or advertisement.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
The personal information held relating to you will be kept confidential but it may be provided to:-
- Any person under a duty of confidentiality to us or to companies related to or affiliated with us;
- Any relevant agent, contractor, technology partner or third-party service provider under contract who help with our business operations including but not limited to fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, providing marketing assistance, and providing other services relating to administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, securities clearing, management, audit and insurance;
- Any banking, financial or other institution with which you have or propose to have dealings or for financial or payment transactions;
- Any person or corporation to whom we transfer or propose to transfer our interests and/or obligations in respect of you or any product or service provided to you;
- Any nominee, trustee, co-trustee, centralized securities depository or registrar, custodian, insurance company, estate agent, lawyer, tax advisor, auditor, other professional advisor or another person who is involved with the provision of services or products by us to you;
- Any person by whom we are required by applicable legal, governmental or regulatory requirements to make the disclosure; or
- Any other person reasonably requiring the same in order for us to carry out its business.
We may disclose personal data to any or all of the parties stated above notwithstanding the recipient’s place of business is outside of Malaysia, or that such information following disclosure will be collected, held, processed or used by such recipient in whole or in part outside Malaysia.
Refusal to Provide Personal Information
You may withdraw your consent to our collection of your personal data and/or information at any time by notifying us or call our customer service. In that event, we will not be able to identify you and provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient and customized experience while using our site. Although you can browse through most of our sites without giving any information about yourself, in some cases, personal information is required in order to provide the services you request.
Updating Your Personal Information
You can update your personal information anytime by accessing your account on the www.mitvana.asia website.
Security of Your Personal Information
Your information is stored on our servers located in Malaysia. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the website. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers and letters and do not disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify us and change your password. If you access our website from a shared computer or a computer in an internet cafe, a PC room or a library, certain information about you, such as your user ID, activity or reminders from the website, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you. To protect your personal information or communication from being disclosed to others, you should log out and close the web browser after using our Website.
Except as otherwise expressly included in this Policy, this document addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. If you disclose your information to others, whether they are buyers or sellers on our website or other sites throughout the Internet, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you disclose to them. We do not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable. We encourage you to ask questions and to review their privacy policies before you disclose your personal information to others.
Links to Other Websites
Complaints about Breaches of Privacy
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle your enquiry or complaint, please don’t hesitate to contact us at www.mitvana.asia and we will resolve the issue.